Hello! Want to work in a collaborative work environment where amazing things happen each day? Does interacting with energetic and fun people focused on great medicine and service interest you? If a new grad, does working in an environment devoted to mentoring from an ABVP diplomate in Canine and Feline Practice capture your imagination about going to the next level in veterinary medicine? Is quality of life and continued development of medical, surgical, and dental skills important to you?
If you are looking for these things,
then Ancare Veterinary Hospital is the place to be!
Our Core Values:
Desire to Educate yourself, your team members, and your clients
"Can Do" mentality
Our purpose is to make a difference we are proud of!
We want team members who want to be whole veterinarians who wish to develop a lifetime of medical and surgical skills and evolve with the changes in veterinary medicine while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Your first experiences in practice will determine your trajectory in practice for years to come. We want to make a difference in your life.
What We Offer
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Simple IRA Plan
- AVMA and State VMA Dues
- Guaranteed Base plus Production Percentage
- CE Stipend
- Controlled substance license reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Care Plan
- Dedicated time per week for surgical/dentistry mentoring for new graduates
- Lots of Opportunities to Grow and Build Confidence.
- A new graduate program to build confidence in surgery, dentistry, and special procedures.
- 33 hrs on the floor and 8 hours of one-on-one mentoring per week. Build skills that empower you to be the best veterinarian you can be.
- Visit our facility and shadow a day or two to see for yourself our amazing culture- call 815-223-1000 or email [email protected] for details!
About Ancare Veterinary Hospital
State-of-Art facility, 7 certified veterinary technicians and excellent support staff, great salary, benefits, and much more. Externships are available for 3rd and 4th-year DVM students with free housing. 2-, 3- and 4-week curriculum depending on needs which cover technical skills, soft skills, and leadership/business knowledge and understanding. Request a PowerPoint hospital tour or externship curriculum.
- Ancare is a small animal/exotics practice with one main hospital and one satellite clinic (Lasalle and Mendota, Illinois). The main hospital was built in 2012.
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (Canine and Feline) and 7 certified veterinary technicians on staff.
- Modern, fully equipped (CT Scanner, ultrasound, digital radiography, dentistry, endoscopy-rigid and flexible, on-site laboratory to get results in minutes) paperless practice with extensive medical and soft tissue/orthopedic surgical caseload.
- Physical Therapy services.
- Customer service, quality care, compassion, and desire to serve the community are a must.
- We service a population base of 70,000 people and are open seven days a week. Closed major holidays.
- We routinely receive referrals from our surrounding colleagues.
Why live in LaSalle-Peru
- Clean, safe hometown atmosphere
- 20% reduction in the cost of living compared to Chicago while making a comparable salary to Chicago
- Excellent recreational opportunities- hiking, kayaking, fishing, and hunting
- 3 major state Parks within minutes of Lasalle
- Easy access to Chicago via train from Mendota and ideally located within the state to explore
- Close to 4 major airports- O' Hare, Midway, Rockford, and Bloomington
- Excellent school system- ranks in upper 1/3 in Illinois
- Plenty of restaurants and dining experiences throughout the Illinois Valley
- You would be working in the best veterinary hospital in Illinois!
Dr. Dullard, chief of staff is the Past President of the Illinois Veterinary Medical Association and the American Association of Feline Practitioners, Illinois Delegate in the AVMA House of Delegates, Chairman of the AVMA Political Advocacy Committee, Diplomate in the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in Canine and Feline Medicine, 2017 ISVMA President Award Winner and 2021 University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine Special Service Award Winner. His goal is to make anyone who becomes a veterinarian to be as passionate about the profession the day they retire as the day they graduated.